Thursday 12 April 2012

Holland/Amsterdam 2012


Jeremy and I went to Holland over the Easter weekend, and although it was FREEZING cold and rainy the whole time, we had a great time! This was my second time going to the Amsterdam area, and even though I've been there before we did completely different things this time around, which made it great. While we were there we went to the famous bulb fields which were beautiful. Even though all of the tulips hadn't come out yet there were still a lot of lovely colors to see. The bulb fields are home to more than 4.5 million tulips and over 60 different types! It was really pretty...so I must for warn you that there are TONS of flower pictures coming up.

While we were there we also got to go to a clog and cheese factory as well as visit an old fishing village. Amsterdam is way below sea level so to be out by the coast was really kind of a cool experience. We also went to the infamous Red Light District--sorry no pictures allowed!
Of all the places I've visited Amsterdam is really one of my favorite places that I have visited. It's such a beautiful city, and the Dutch people are SO friendly and nice. Anyway I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!

Enjoy!



The beautiful fishing village of Volendam:



Jeremy's BFF he made at the clog and cheese factory!



Beautiful view of one of the many canals in Amsterdam


Amsterdam flag



Keukenhof Bulb Fields 2012:























No comments: